WHITTIER HOSPITAL MEDICAL CENTER
Through the years we have helped generation after generation reach better health. Our organization has been striving to serve the needs of our region since we were established in 1957 as a proprietary hospital by Dr. Lester Morrison and a group of his associates who saw the need for a hospital in the burgeoning community of East Whittier.
Whittier Hospital Medical Center is now a 178-bed acute care hospital, accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), with a medical staff of approximately 500 physicians representing over 40 specialties. Being part of the community has been an important goal throughout the years, and with your help and loyalty we can continue to provide health services that you can depend on. Our board-certified physicians and registered nurses are trained in emergency services and have the skill and experience to deal with a wide variety of emergency situations.
- We provide exceptional services and programs to meet and exceed the healthcare needs of our patients and their families
- Recipient of the 2010 HealthGrades Excellence Award for Maternity Care; Five-Star rated, four years in a row
- Recipient of the 2010 HealthGrades Excellence Award for Emergency Medical Care, ranked among the Top 5% in the nation
- Certified by both Medicare and Medi-Cal and most major insurance plans are accepted
- Programs designed to take control of various health issues; seminars, health screenings and fitness classes available