WHITTIER FIRST DAY
''A Healthy, Safe and Vibrant Whittier Community''
''To help the homeless and at-risk individuals transition toward self-sufficiency''
Recovery From Homelessness Program Description:
The RFHP provides a short-term emergency transitional housing with on site supportive services to 45 individuals in the City of Whittier. Services include: on-site health clinic, health screenings, mental health services, on-site meals, case management, clothing, transportation, 12 step meetings, education, training and employment assistance. First Day provides professional and social service offices and meeting space.
- Whittier's First Day was founded in 1989.
- The coalition offers assistance in four phases.
- First Day provides professional and social service offices and meeting space.
- Their Recovery from Homelessness Program includes a 45-person emergency and transitional living facility.
- First Day offers support to its residents through the Ladder Group.
Whom to Contact
- Irene Muro